The new Ai SolventVap series 20L rotary evaporators is now UL/CSA compliant. This certification is required by many municipalities, and it also provides a higher standard of equipment safety and lifespan. SolventVap rotary evaporators come with all PTFE valves for solvent-resistant operations. We also lowered the height of assembled unit, for easy installation and ease of use and storage. Also come with them are vertical glassware and digital temperature/rotation control. Its optimized bath volume allows for rapid heat-up times. The condenser unit has specially designed glass tubes that utilize surface area extremely efficiently. That’s why our SolventVap evaporators consistently deliver reliable and reproducible process results that are usually reserved for more costly systems. Another important aspect of the SolventVap is the safety features, which includes dry-run protection, water bath over-temperature shut-off protection, and fuse protection.
Rotary evaporator features a specially designed motor and worm gear, which provides constant rotation at speeds from 10 to 130 rpm. As the flask containing the solvent is rotated, it continually transfers a thin layer of liquid over the entire inner surface. This gives a very large surface area for evaporation, which is caused by the gentle heating from the water bath. The rotating system is fitted with a special seal that allows the apparatus to be placed under vacuum, effectively reducing the boiling point of the solvents and removing the vapor phase, making the process much more efficient. Each unit is also equipped with an easy-to-use vacuum release and a continuous feed system, which allows solvent to be constantly drawn into the rotating flask without needing to stop the operation.
Digital water bath operates from ambient temperature to 99°C (210°F) with PID temperature control stepping at 0.1°C increments. Heating coils are located directly inside the pan for the most efficient heating possible. A built-in overheat protector will shut down power, should the controller fail.
Standard Glassware Set includes 5.28 gallon (20 liters) round-bottomed evaporating flask, 2.64 gallon (10 liters) dual round-bottomed receiving flasks, and dual vertical condensers. Rotary evaporators with vertical glass condenser are great for distillation of solvents with higher boiling points.
- UL 61010-1 and CSA C22.2 certified
- Dual condenser and dual receiving flasks now standard!
- New condenser insulation sleeves increase safety by protecting lab personnel from injury in case of shattered glassÊwhileÊprotecting the condensers and increasing cooling efficiency.
- Come standard with a stainless steel 20L evaporating flask carrier with silicone cushions, custom made for Ai 20L SolventVap series rotary evaporators. This carrier can be placed on top of our 20L SolventVap's water bath for easy loading and unloading. It can also be used as a flask stand.
- Plexiglass bath cover included.
- Solvent-resistant PTFE and Viton gaskets, ensuring long time operation.
- Specialized motor with extremely compact, intermeshed worm and worm gear provides precise driving for very quiet, vibration-free operation.
- Downward-condensing vacuum connection design ensures safe vacuum operation.
- Motorized water bath lifting for precise control.
- Easy, straight-forward visual operation with digital speed and temperature display.
- PID temperature controller ensures accurate temperature control is maintained.
- One year warranty on rotary evaporator except for glassware and all sealing gaskets.