12L G2 Full Bore Short Path Distillation Kit
Our Full Bore Short Path Distillation Kits (FBK) are finally here.
Now you have a plethora of options, ranging from single to dual inline distribution adapters, which can be combined with our various primary/secondary condensers (MCK) and inline cold traps for extreme modularity, system stability, and vacuum tightness.
These are the latest and greatest of our kits, and we’ve seen the tremendous response at trade shows and from industry veterans alike!
We are constantly refining our products based on testing and user feedback, and the result is truly our greatest fractional distillation kit ever made.
Not only that, but this kit is fully compatible with our Elite LabAutomation Software!
- TCM-1 (Temperature Controller/Monitor) for product temperature control, ramping, etc.
- DTM-2 (Digital Temperature Monitor – Dual) for monitoring vapor temperature in both distillation heads simultaneously; can set alarms for setpoints with an audible beep
- PVM-2 (Precision Vacuum Monitor – Dual) for 2-point vacuum monitoring of system pressure and pump pressure
- More to come!
A simplified design solves common issues.
Other large-format distillation kits can have the following issues:
- build up of residue in tubing (causing flow issues and drops in efficiency)
- one head running faster than the other (due to variable lengths in tubing)
- and unequal heating of the heads (due to the top mantle having a seam at one of the distillation heads)
Our latest generation of short path kits has the solution.
Full-bore Only Design
- no tubing/hoses for vacuum connections anywhere on the system
- maximizes molecular flow conductivity from condensers through the cold trap
Seam on Top Mantle Located on the Back, Away from Distillation Heads
- No variance in top mantle heating area surrounding each distillation head
Additional key features:
Dual-point vacuum sensing – one on the system, one at the pump
- You can now see the variance between system pressure and pump pressure, to determine cold trap efficiency and pump integrity.
- A single-point vacuum measurement on the system gives more accurate pressure measurement.
- Simple vacuum release on the distillation head
- Swing arm usability via utilizing extra clamps – to mount recovery flasks upwards during the start of distillation for primary fractions
- The condenser GL caps and boiling flask Rodaviss caps are now rated for high temperatures up to 250°C.
- Compatibility with Modular Condenser Kits (MCK) for secondary separations, etc.
Less contamination, better distillation.
The inline multi-distribution adapters can rotate back and forth (swing arms), allowing you to collect desired fractions without disconnecting the system. This means reduced contamination and a better end product.
Utilizing full bore, there is little to no hold-up, as the size is continuous throughout, from the distillation head all the way through the rest of the unit.
Efficiency + modularity = big wins.
To promote increased condensation efficiency and cold trap efficiency, the 90° adapter has an air condenser that provides an area pressure drop (pre-cold trap) that creates turbulence prior to entering the inline cold traps (dual or single, via DCT-2HE, CTK-2HE).
Nothing left out.
Finally, the FBK includes KF25 flange adapters for a simple and superior, sealed system.