Flash Chromatography Instrument
A quantum leap in chromatography.
These automated flash chromatography instruments are perfect for separating constituents or purifying an end product, and they introduce several exciting new features never available before.
Unlike traditional column chromatography glassware, these flash chromatography units are automated and use pressure and force on your sample through the column (which is already packed with packing material).
As the mobile phase works through the column, it will only pull out certain molecules, while leaving others behind (due to how closely the solvents match the molecules’ polarity).
You can purify synthesis reaction mixtures, proteins, peptides, and natural extracts – from milligram to gram quantities.
The Iquat Gradient HPLC pump has a 1% accuracy, making for an efficient mixture of gradients within the unit.
You can also avoid “pre-mixing” the mobile phase with this machine.
- two models available: 420 & 800
- accepts varying size collection tubes – You can select the correct volume and size for your runs.
- accepts flash chromatography columns from F0001 up to F0330, as well as prep LC columns (depending on model chosen)
- UV Diode Array Detector – for accurate and repeatable results (with respect to compound peaks) while performing a run
- multiple collection racks
- full, touch-screen display
Not only that, but during a run, the instrument will generate a chromatogram for use in recognizing retention time and concentration of compounds against known standards.
Flash Chromatography Model 420 Specs:
- chromatography column capacities range from 4 to 800g.
- able to pump the mobile phase from 5-300 ml./min. into the column or stationary phase – (at a max of 20 bar)
- compact – (13.9” x 18.5” x 29.5”) W x L x H
- UV Diode Array Detector – with 200-400 nm range
Flash Chromatography Model 800 Specs:
- chromatography column capacities range from 4 to 4,500g.
- able to pump the mobile phase from 5-300 ml./min. into the column or stationary phase – (at a max of 7 bar)
- allows for unlimited collection via its four funnel racks – (instead of having to use test tube racks)
- UV Diode Array Detector – with 400 or 840 nm. range
- You should do research on which column size, mobile phase and stationary phases to use when doing flash purification. You may also use a gradient solution (which has different ratios of solvents) as the run takes place; This will also aid in separation for certain samples.
- Interested in learning more about column chromatography check out our guide here!
|Column Compatibility||Flash 4-800g|
|Dual reciporacting head pump||Yes|
|Pump Flow Rate||1-300 ml/min|
|Accuracy||±% 1-300 ml/min|
|Pressure Limit||20 bar / 290 PSI|
|Gradient Accuracy||±% 1-300 ml/min|
|Mobile Phase tray||Yes|
|UV diode array detection||Yes|
|UV Spectra Scanning||Yes|
|Mass Spec 10-1200 m/z||1H5460|
|Mass Spec 10-2000 m/z||1G6770|
|Collection Accuracy||± 1% 1-300 ml/min|
|100mm x 13mm (9mL) tubes||90|
|150mm x 16mm (22mL) tubes||60|
|150 mm x 18mm (25mL) tubes||56|
|150mm x 21mm (35mL) tubes||33|
|150mm x 25mm (60mL) tubes||20|
|150mm x 28mm (75mL) tubes||18|
|200mm x 29mm (110mL) tubes||16|
|12 Bottles, 250 mL||4|
|Fume Enclosure (iELSD)||PF4330|
|Solvent Level Sensors||FSP730|
|HD touch screen 15″||Yes|
|Bar code reader||GO2380|
|Solvent resistant keyboard||Yes|
|Intersoft 5.1 software||Yes|
|Data ports||3 usb, rg45 port|
|Dimensions||13.9 x 18.5 x 29.5″|