- Totally enclosed, ball bearing motor with thermal overload protection.
- The fan blades are well-balanced, heavy gauge aluminum.
- The rugged steel welded box housing has a durable powder coated finish.
- Aluminum louver shutters are supported by long life nylon bushings.
- Heavy wire chrome plated OSHA guards on intake side of fan.
- All fans are shipped completely assembled.
Canarm LFI’s explosion proof fans follow a tradition of quality in design, materials and construction. Using our quality “Standard Fan” housing and motor mount as the basis for design, we have developed an efficient, economically priced Explosion Proof Fan. All Explosion Proof Fans have a single speed, dual voltage explosion proof motor that meets and conforms to all the standards that are listed below.
Class I, Group C - Atmospheres containing ethyl ether, ethylene, gases or vapors of equivalent hazard.
Class I, Group D - Atmospheres such as acetone, ammonia, benzene, butane, cyclopropane, ethanol, gasoline, hexane, methane, natural gas, naphtha, propane, or gasses or vapors of equivalent hazard.
Class II Group F - Atmospheres containing carbonaceous dust, including carbon black, charcoal, coal, or coke dusts that have more than 8% total entrapped volatiles, or dusts that have been sensitized by other materials so that they present an explosion hazard.
Class II Group G - Atmospheres containing combustible dusts not included in group E or F, including flour, grain, wood, plastic and chemicals.